Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Don't Worry, I Wasn't Burglarized

I came home from work today to an unpleasant surprise--my apartment door was unlocked.  At first, everything seemed fine--it didn't appear that anything had been disturbed, until I got to the hallway leading to the bedrooms and the bathroom.  A bunch of stuff from the bathroom was sitting in the hall.  And in the bathroom was clearly not the way I left it--I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a giant hole in the back wall and the spout missing.

At this point it became pretty clear to me that there had been a visit from the plumber whom I managed to put two and two together and figure out must have been in my apartment to address the ongoing water leak issues that I though were long resolved.  Since I was under the impression these issues had been dealt with--and since no one had called or left me a note advising me otherwise--I was in no way expecting this kind of intrusion.

Now it's almost 8:00pm and whoever left my door unlocked hasn't come back and I still have a giant hole in my shower which clearly prevents me from using said shower until the hole is patched, which it is becoming more and more apparent will be tomorrow at the earliest.  Normally I wouldn't be too upset by having to take a sponge bath and wash my hair in the kitchen sink, but after my crazy cleaning spree on the weekend I managed to strain my back into spasm and I'm pretty sure leaning over a sink to wash my hair isn't going to improve the situation.

This better be fixed by the time I get home tomorrow night or I'm gonna be very unhappy.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I think I'd be more pissed off about them leaving your door unlocked.

You can use our shower if you start to stink.

psychsarah said...

I'd be totally pissed that they left the door unlocked and that they gave no warning that they were coming. A stranger pawing at my bathroom stuff would give me the creeps. I hope you didn't suffer further pain in getting clean!