Monday, July 12, 2010

Heat: The Second Wave

Remember last summer?  The summer of non-stop bitching about how cold it was...?  How unsuitable the weather was to hanging out on the patio drinking beers with your buds or scoping out scantily-clad hotties at the beach...?  Well so far this summer has been a case of "be careful what you wish for."

I should have known something was up back in earlyApril when I was taking pictures of my nieces frolicking in the sunshine in shorts and t-shirts.  That unseasonably warm weather, while very enjoyable at the time, was clearly a harbinger of things to come.

After a brief reprieve from last week's heat wave, today we are faced with the promise of another.  In fact, according to forecasters with Environment Canada, the entire summer will be a seemingly endless cycle of hotter than frickin' hell followed by a couple of days of relief followed by more torture in the furnace.

And that is exactly why I felt justified paying $1000 to fix the AC on my car.  Hey, I'd like to see you in a car with black leather interior an no tint on the windows in 30+ degree heat (that's Celsius for my American readership) and see how long you'd last without AC!  You can't put a price on that, my friend.  When the cool, sweet breezes flow from the vents on my dashboard, I know I made the right decision.

8 comments:

psychsarah said...

I would have promised my first born for AC in my car this summer with all the driving I do. (And before Mindy comments on this, I may or may not have a first born!)

Stacy said...

Why do you keep opening that door, Sarah? Don't you realize you're only making it harder for the rest of us non-breeders? ;)

Shara said...

Our AC broke in the car 2 years ago and I've been seriously considering buying a new car just to get cool air. A black car with no power windows and no AC? Crazy I tell ya! I'm better walking.

Anonymous said...

I'd judge you if you didn't pay $1000 to do the repair. Shara's a saint.

Mindy said...

I'm anonymous.. oops

Stacy said...

As happy as I am with the repaired AC, that still doesn't address the problem of the 2nd degree burns I get every time I sit down on my black leather seats. I think I'm gonna have to invest in some window tinting...

Katie said...

you should save the money and get one of those windshield reflective thingies...WAY cheaper than tinting and they work great (I mean, I don't have a car, but I've BEEN in cars that use them. So obviously, I'm an expert)

Stacy said...

Well, clearly! ;) Actually, I have been thinking about getting one. They work very well and they're a helluva lot cheaper than tinting! Not quite as sexy though...