Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's a Marshmallow World In the Winter

These videos were taken Saturday around 2pm near Bracebridge, Ontario. Isn't it purty? Apparently about a meter of snow fell over the course of 36 hours. Fortunately only a couple of kilometers were like the nasty driving conditions you can see in the first video--I didn't film the worst of it as I need both hands to drive (good call!). Sadly the trip took about two hours more than it should have due to the highway being closed for an overturned tractor trailer. But overall the driving wasn't bad and with the sun shining out of a bright blue sky I actually enjoyed all the snow. Shocking, I know!



By the way, that's a 4-lane divided highway. It's hard to tell with all that snow...

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Holy crap.

And I REALLY think video recording your drive falls into the "distracted driver" category...

"Sorry officer.. I needed footage for my blog..."

psychsarah said...

I'm glad you made it safely! When I heard about the snowfall there, I wondered if you were planning on going up this weekend... Sounds like a pretty drive, if a little long.