Tuesday, February 5, 2008

WARNING: This one's sappy!

There's something you get as a woman from relationships with other women that you just can't get from your relationships with men. Don't get me wrong--I love the men in my life! They're all wonderful and I wouldn't trade a single one. But a close female friend can almost seem to read your mind--knowing what you mean when you are having trouble expressing it, knowing what to say when you really need to hear it.

I'm fortunate enough to have more than one of these kinds of relationships when some women never get to experience even one. Each relationship brings its own unique quality and experience to my life and I am richer for it. I have drawn upon the well of their knowledge and believe me, they have all taught me something. I can only hope I have given back to them as much as I have taken.

So this is to say "thank you" to my gals--you know who you are. I love you, I appreciate you and I want you to know how lucky I feel to have you in my life. Think of this as an early Valentine you all deserve.

No comments: