Monday, February 2, 2009

I Swear This is the Last "Save the Date." Really.

Due to my current health issues (ie. absolutely no voice) my date for the Flanagan's Idol semi-final competition has been changed to February 21st. I'm very sorry for the change in schedule, but if I'm going to have even a remote chance of succeeding at this thing my vocal cords have to be able to produce something resembling music and in the immediate future that's just not happening.

It has been suggested that I should just sing something by Tom Waites or Janis Joplin or Kim Carnes or other, um, "throaty" singers, but I've made my choice and in this state I just can't do it justice.

At this point I wouldn't blame you for being so annoyed with me that you refuse to come out of spite, but if you're still interested in cheering me on come to Flanagan's on Saturday Februay 21st and hopefully I won't suck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew... thought you were going to pick the 14th... and that doesn't work for us... we have such an extensive social life.. it's hard to fit everything in...