Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Love Five-Day Weekends!

I just spent a relaxing and enjoyable extra-long weekend up in my old stomping grounds visiting family. It was the first time I'd been back since Christmas, so it was really great to see everyone again. My little nieces are growing like crazy--the 5 month old now looks like a person and not just "generic cute baby". And I can't believe Hayden will be 4 in September and starting Junior Kindergarten!

My Mom's doing great--she just passed the 72 week mark for her cancer treatments, but her doctors have decided to change the hormone therapy she's on. The tumors on her lung have grown a few millimeters so they have taken her out of the trial study and put her on a more tried-and-true therapy. The trial therapy appeared to be possibly losing some of it's effectiveness, but the doctors are very optimistic about this new therapy given how well she responded to the last one, so we're all staying positive. None of her other sites have increased in size and the mass near her pancreas has actually shrunk to half it's original size, so don't worry--she's still doing fabulous!

The weather all weekend was lousy. I feel sorry for all those poor people who fought the long weekend traffic to come up north to open up the cottage only to have to stay indoors all weekend and then fight yet more traffic to get home.

Actually, who am I kidding--I don't feel sorry for those people at all. Lucky bastards with their $1million cottages in Muskoka won't get any sympathy from me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing okay... I was thinking about your visit this weekend.. honest I was! Had to distract myself somehow!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your mom is doing well. Your nieces sound adorable!! Isn't it grand to spend relaxing time with the fam? Can't wait to see you and Dana next weekend at the wedding.