Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well, So Much For That

I've been really slacking off in the blog department, but it's because of my new internet pursuit--finding mashups.

It all started a while ago when I came across a song called "Kanye Mahna" which is "Golddigger" set to the music of "Mahna Mahna". Mashups have been around for a while but have mostly been flying under the radar of popular (ie. commercial) music. DJs like Lenlow, DJ Mei-Lwun and Jalad combine 2 or more songs into one song without using any additional instrumentation to make something that can often be greater than the sum of its parts. Take for example "Toxic Love Shack"--two great songs made even better!

I've spent the better part of the last two evenings scouring various sites for any mp3s I can get my hands on and I managed to find the mother load. This guy obviously has way too much time on his hands!

So now that my iPod is full, I guess I can get back to this blogging stuff. That is, until the next internet distraction comes my way...

2 comments:

Guy Hosenpeter said...

hehe....you said load...

Anonymous said...

you have no regard for your adoring fans anxiously waiting in the wings for you next quip.

hope you had a nice long weekend "up north".