Thursday, May 29, 2008

So Many Stores, So Little Money

When they say, "shop 'til you drop" they don't mean it literally, do they?

I went on a marathon shopping trip yesterday at the Walden Galleria. For those of you who have never heard of it, it's a ridiculously large mall in Buffalo, NY. This mall is so large (how large is it, Kendall?) that they have a store that sells RVs. Not just a little kiosk or office with pictures of RVs. Oh no, this is a store (that you enter from the mall, just like The Gap or Victoria's Secret) with actual RVs in it. Lots of RVs. Big RVs. Presumably one might need to purchase one to take home all the crap they just bought at the mall...?

Anyway, I was not in the market for an RV, but I was in the market for a knockout pair of shoes to wear with my fabulous outfit for Rick and Shara's wedding. Also, I had $50 in Lane Bryant coupons burning a hole in my purse. I found the perfect shoes at Famous Footwear who very conveniently had a "buy one, get one half off" sale so I also got these shoes 'cause I already have them in toffee and love them. I also managed to spend my Lane Bryant bucks wisely, walking away with two delightful and flattering tops and a funky pair of earrings.

What is arguably the best part of the Walden Galleria is not a store, but a restaurant called "The Cheesecake Factory." I urge you to peruse their menu, especially noting the 30 different varieties of cheesecake! You can even purchase whole cheesecakes to take home with you. Hey, maybe that's what the RVs are for.

I finally got home at 12:30am and unfortunately had to get up at 5:30am to go to work. My back and shoulders ached and my feet felt like I was walking on golf balls. It was all worth it, though--I've already started planning my next trip. Apparently there's a Ralph Lauren Factory Outlet store on Military Rd in Niagara Falls, NY...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're post makes me want to drive to Buffalo right now! I haven't been to the Galleria since I was a kid, traveling to Buffalo for my brother's hockey tournaments. I think I would appreciate it much more now. If only I didn't have to go to convocation in TBay this weekend...

Anonymous said...

Yeah... you need to let me know when you're going to the States.. I require a refill on the Bath & Body Works... I could use some new bras from LB but that's the kind of thing you want to pick up for yourself!

p.s. cute shoes!