Thursday, January 22, 2009

Say Hello to My Little Friend

You may have noticed a new addition on the right-hand side of the page; it's my "Blog Flower" and it is meant to motivate me to post on a regular basis. If I'm a bad blogger and I haven't posted in a while, my poor little flower will start to wilt. If I'm really bad, she'll die.

I've never been great with plants--the only one I haven't managed to kill is a Chinese Evergreen I adopted back in 1993 when I moved into a new apartment and found it on the floor. It had been abandoned by the previous tenant, probably because her cats had mangled it almost beyond recognition. This plant works for me because it thrives on neglect--I water it once a month and stick it in a shadowy corner and in return I have a jungle. I'm hoping I'll have equal success with this little one but only time will tell...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

A plant that thrives on neglect? I'm in... where do I get one?